There's so much information to share with you about natural resources, quality of life, the Conservation District, and the sheer joy of living in Wyoming. Check this page often for new info.
Your Holiday Dinners are Made Possible by AGRICULTURE
- Meat from beef cattle, sheep, hogs provide the cuts of meat.
- Milk from dairy cows and goats is used to make ice cream, cheese, yogurt, butter and other foods.
- Crops grown provide vegetables, fruits and grains.
- Don’t forget poultry, eggs, honey, and farm raised fish.
Christmas Tree Care Tips
- Make a fresh cut to remove ½” of tree base before placing in stand.
- Place tree in water as soon as possible.
- Tree stands should provide 1 quart of water per inch of trunk diameter.
- Use a stand that fits your tree. Avoid whittling the sides of the trunk to make it fit.
- Drilling a hole in the base does not improve water intake.
- Check the stand daily to make sure water does not go below base of the tree.
SERCD hosts a number of events during the year. Please check below to see what's happening and to sign up for an event. We look forward to seeing you there!
Mark your calendar for February 4 & 5 for our annual producer workshop to be held in Saratoga. The Draft Agenda includes: Grazing Permit Renewals and Small Acreage Seminar. Check back in January for final agenda and registration information.
Rural Health Series with Total Coliform Test Kits are now available free of charge to District residents. This Kit is to test domestic well drinking water. For further information contact our office at 307-326-8156.